Wednesday, October 10, 2007
We made it!
Hi kids and friends, We made it here to New Zealand. No Dan we didn't sit by any flea infested person. Actually we were in Business class and our seats folded all the way down, it was very nice. They fed us a nice New Zealand dinner and breakfast. Like 7 courses each. I didn't like the lamb this time. I need Dianne Smits to make it for me. We arrived at 7:30 on the 10th. Customs went very smooth. They just needed to check mom's hiking shoes and be sure I was not contaminating their beautiful country with our contaminated soil. WE were okay. Bob's boss Leon picked us up at the airport and drove us to Takapuna to our apt. It is so nice. She has it stocked with about everything we will need. (except a straightening iron for mom's very curly hair). We went to buy a converter or stepup unit. They are well over $100. I don't know if i need one that badly. WE just have a few more min on this library computer. I feel like a missionary writing home. Couldn't find Joey's email this week. Just getting utilities set up and walking a lot. We are getting more nervous about driving on the left as we are walking and almost walking into traffic. It will take a lot to get used to it. We hope to be able to drive a couple hours south to the temple but don't know if we dare yet on Sat. Yesterday as we walked to the ocean we had a wonderful view of about 7-8 para surfers doing their thing. It was very cool. It is so beautiful hear. More tropical than we expected. Raining off and on the whole time. Having fun setting up our apt. Sunday is conference for the Stake here so we will go and catch 2 sessions with them. It will be wonderful a second time. (May have been a bit distracted the first go round). WE love you all so much. This may be the best way to comminicate till we get our own computer. Please let our mom's know. Love to you all. Bob and Miriam
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hey, great to hear your voice. The message was cracking in and out, but I think I got your phone number. Is it 011-64-9-642 122 399 39? Weird...
Oh, and Joey DID email. Danny or someone already posted it on his blog as well. I also just posted all of his pictures if you scroll down a couple posts.
Kylee says "love you, miss you, have fun."
Oh, check your email, I believe Scott Goode emailed you. Someone wants to buy your blazer on Saturday.
Post a Comment